This page contains a list of user images about Bmw 1200 which are relevant to the point and besides images, you can also use the tabs in the bottom to browse Bmw 1200 news, videos, wiki information, tweets, documents and weblinks.
From the Grammy Nominated album The Truth About Love available now - http://smarturl.it/tal Music video by P!nk featuring Nate Ruess performing Just Give Me ...
Buy at iTunes: http://goo.gl/zv4o9. New album on sale now! http://turtleneckandchain.com.
Watch judges' comments at http://itv.com/XFactor (UK ONLY) Watch James Arthur sing Impossible by Shontelle Sweeeeet! As potential Winner's Singles go, this o...
WATCH BLOOPERS & MORE: http://bit.ly/ZELDAxtras DOWNLOAD THE SONG: http://smo.sh/13NrBp8 DOWNLOAD UNCENSORED SONG: http://smo.sh/WMYpsf GET LEGEND OF SMOSH T...
Thrift Shop on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/thrift-shop-feat.-wanz-single/id556955707 The Heist physical deluxe edition: http://www.macklemoremer...
Music video by Rihanna performing Rehab. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 19591123. (C) 2007 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
Music video by P!nk performing Try (The Truth About Love - Live From Los Angeles). (C) 2012 RCA Records, a division of Sony Music Entertainment.
Download "Stay" from Unapologetic now: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Stay ft. Mikky Ekko. © 2013 The Island Def Jam Mu...
YOLO is available on iTunes now! http://smarturl.it/lonelyIslandYolo THE LONELY ISLAND - THE WACK ALBUM - JUNE 11th! Pre-order THE WACK ALBUM DIRECT: http://...
Play the DUDE PERFECT GAME here! iPhone - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPhone Android - http://bit.ly/DPGameAndroid iPad - http://bit.ly/DPGameiPad Tweet! http://bit....
Macklemore & Ryan Lewis present the official music video for Can't Hold Us feat. Ray Dalton. Can't Hold Us on iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/cant-...
Learn Magic at http://www.penguinmagic.com Instagram: http://instagram.com/themagicofrahat Twitter: http://twitter.com/magicofrahat Facebook Group: http://ww...
This video accidentally turned out kind of sad, ME SO SOWWY IT NOT POSED TO BE SAD WHO WANTS HUGS AND COOKIES? Also, FYI for anyone attempting this, it takes...
Pre-order new album Unapologetic, out worldwide Monday, November 19: http://smarturl.it/UnapologeticDlx Music video by Rihanna performing Diamonds. ©: The Is...
Music video by Rihanna performing Pon de Replay. YouTube view counts pre-VEVO: 4166822. (C) 2005 The Island Def Jam Music Group.
LIKE/FAV We got 45 burgers, a whole bunch of liquor and bacon.... this is Fast Food Lasagna. Buy TSHIRTS!! Click Here! http://shop.epicmealtime.com/ Like on ...
Ellen weighed in on the conversation surrounding the policies of Abercrombie & Fitch.
Please take a second and LIKE+FAV this video! :D I worked really hard on it. Also : SHARE THIS VIDEO with friends:) Twitter/Facebook/Websites *brofist* More ...
BLOOPERS & PAC MAN+PONG: http://bit.ly/vg2XTRAS WATCH EN ESPAÑOL: http://youtu.be/Os1npZHzudw WATCH PART 1 w/ SUPER MARIO, ZELDA, + MORE: http://youtu.be/9bK...
So i was pretty hesitant to make this video... but after all of your request, here is my Draw My Life video! Check out my 2nd Channel for more vlogs: http://...
R1200GS, 2004-2006 model, fitted with optional Vario panniers
R1200GS Adventure (2005–)
R1200GS (LC) (2013–)
|Engine||1,170 cc, 2-cylinder boxer:
|Bore / stroke||101 mm × 73 mm (4.0 in × 2.9 in)|
|Top speed||>200 km/hr (>124 mph)|
|Power||81 kW (109 hp) @ 7,750 rpm
92 kW (123 hp) @ 7,750 rpm (LC)
|Torque||120 N·m (89 lbf·ft) @ 6,000 rpm
125 N·m (92 lbf·ft) @ 6,500 rpm (LC)
|Transmission||6-speed, shaft drive|
|Suspension||Front: BMW Telelever
Rear: BMW Paralever
Optional electronic adjustment
|Wheelbase||1,507 mm (59.3 in)
1,510 mm (59 in) (Adv)
2,210 mm (87 in)
2,240 mm (88 in) (Adv)
953 mm (37.5 in)
990 mm (39 in) (Adv)
1,450 mm (57 in)
1,525 mm (60.0 in) (Adv)
|Seat height||850 mm (33 in)
895 mm (35.2 in) (Adv)
|Weight||203 kg (450 lb)
212 kg (470 lb) (LC)
223 kg (490 lb) (Adv) (dry)
229 kg (500 lb)
238 kg (520 lb) (LC)
256 kg (560 lb) (Adv) (wet)
|Fuel capacity||20 L (4.4 imp gal; 5.3 US gal)
33 L (7.3 imp gal; 8.7 US gal) (Adv)
The BMW R1200GS and R1200GS Adventure are motorcycles manufactured in Berlin, Germany by BMW Motorrad, part of the BMW group. It is one of the BMW GS family of dual sport motorcycles. Both motorcycles feature a 1,170 cc, 2-cylinder boxer engine with 4-valves per cylinder. The Adventure features a larger capacity fuel tank and longer travel suspension. As of 2012, BMW's R1200GS bikes are their top-selling models.
At its launch in 2004, the R1200GS was 30 kg (66 lb) lighter than the R1150GS it replaced, and produced 100 bhp (75 kW), an increase of 19%. BMW continued to produce the R1150GS Adventure, releasing a final run-out special edition model, before launching the R1200GS Adventure at the end of 2005, for the 2006 model year.
In 2007, upgrades were made to both models for the 2008 model year. Power was increased to 105 bhp (78 kW), a new Integral ABS II anti-lock braking system was released without servo assistance and new options were added including electronic suspension adjustment (ESA) and the Automatic Stability Control (ASC) traction control system.
In 2010 model year, both models had a revised cylinder head with double overhead camshaft, increased redline limit to 8,500 rpm, and an exhaust flap to give the exhaust a different tone. Power is increased to 110 hp (82 kW) @ 7,750 rpm.
At the 2012 Intermot show, BMW announced that the 2013 model would be water cooled, deliver an additional 15 horsepower (11 kW), and weigh approximately 20 pounds (9.1 kg) more than the outgoing model.
As of 2007, the R1200GS is the best selling motorcycle that BMW has built, exceeding 100,000 units. In 2006, the R1200GS was the best selling motorcycle in the United Kingdom. The two models had combined sales of 2,227 units, compared with the next best selling bike, the Honda Fireblade which sold 2,067 units. Nearly one third of the 100,000 units sold by BMW Motorrad worldwide in 2006 were R1200GS. In 2008, the R1200GS was once again BMW's best selling motorcycle, with 22,845 standard models and 12,460 Adventure models being delivered. In 2012, Cycle World called the R1200GS "the most successful motorcycle in the last two-and-a-half decades" and credited it for creating the adventure touring category.
In 2007, the Adventure model of the bike was used by Ewan McGregor and Charley Boorman for a trip from John o' Groats in Scotland to Cape Agulhas in South Africa. The trip was documented in a book and television series Long Way Down.
Safety issues 
The R1200GS has been affected by a number of safety issues since launch. The United Kingdom Vehicle and Operator Services Agency (VOSA) has issued nine separate vehicle recalls covering the front brakes, anti-lock braking system, throttle cable, fuel pump, clutch, final drive assembly, brake pipes, and gearbox. Similar recalls have been issued in other countries.
See also 
- "R1200GS Data Sheet" (PDF). BMW Motorrad. Retrieved 18 February 2010.
- "R1200GS Technical Data". BMW Motorrad. Retrieved 23 March 2013.
- "Riding high on BMW's R1200GS Triple Black". Telegraph. 19 July 2012. Retrieved 18 August 2012.
- Ash, Kevin (14 February 2007). "Lightweight boxer packs a heavy punch". Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "BMW Adventure special". Motorcycle News. 20 May 2005. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "THE NEW BMW R1200 GS ADVENTURE". 29 October 2005. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-08.
- "Traction control comes to the street from an unlikely source: BMW". American Motorcyclist Association. 13 July 2006. Archived from the original on 28 September 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-31.
- Kevin Ash, BMW ASC traction control, archived from the original on 17 January 2010, retrieved 2010-01-03
- "2010 BMW R 1200 GS: Now With Dual Overhead Cams!". webBikeWorld. 5 November 2009. Retrieved 15 December 2009.
- Dirck Edge (October 2, 2012). "BMW Unveils Water-Cooled R 1200 GS in Cologne". Motorcycle Daily. Retrieved 2013-01-24.
- "BMW's 100,000th R 1200 GS". webBikeWorld (from BMW press release). 3 August 2007. Retrieved 2009-02-03.
- Ash, Kevin (2 February 2007). "Egos go for off road cred". Daily Telegraph. Archived from the original on 10 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "BMW positive about sales figures". motorcycle.com. 22 January 2009. Archived from the original on 25 January 2009. Retrieved 2 February 2009.
- Steve Anderson (May 2012), "Triumph Tiger Explorer - A British bike with a German accent", Cycle World, "[T]he BMW R1200GS ... the most successful motorcycle in the last two-and-a-half decades, sells so well it represents a very substantial chunk of BMW's production and has been the machine that both created and continues to define the adventure-touring category."
- Rayner, Tom (4 May 2007). "Long Way Down". Motorcycle News. Archived from the original on 20 December 2008. Retrieved 2008-12-28.
- "Two Hairy Bikers and one lucky winner". World of BMW. 31 May 2006. Archived from the original on 11 February 2009. Retrieved 2009-01-09.[dead link]
- Welch, Andy (18 August 2008). "Crumbs - more hairy moments". Manchester Evening News. Retrieved 2009-01-09.
- "Recall RM/2008/019". VOSA. 12 June 2008. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2006/020". VOSA. 14 March 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2006/021". VOSA. 14 March 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2005/015". VOSA. 18 March 2005. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2005/016". VOSA. 4 February 2005. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2006/023". VOSA. 14 March 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2006/037". VOSA. 12 September 2006. Retrieved 2009-01-07.
- "Recall RM/2008/048". VOSA. 12 September 2006. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- "Recall RM/2008/050". VOSA. 12 September 2006. Retrieved 22 May 2009.
- "2013 BMW R1200GS Review". Motorcycle.com, Kevin Duke, Jan. 29, 2013,. "In an instant and with seemingly no provocation, the bike went into a wild tankslapper that threatened to throw me from the bike. It was a very panicked second before the steering regained its composure."
- "2013 BMW R1200GS First Ride". Motorcycle-usa.com, Bart Madson, January 30, 2013. "Later I would hear two editorial colleagues claim a disheartening head shake on the loose stuff at higher speeds – a question mark that will require further evaluation."
- "Possible delays for delivery of 2013 BMW R1200GS". Canada Moto Guide, ZAC KURYLYK, MARCH 5, 2013. "According to Motorcycle.com, deliveries for the bike are being delayed, as the company tweaks the new bike’s front end. BMW is re-working the front ends of the GS bikes they’ve already built this year, but the last-minute tweaks have set back their production schedule."
- "2013 BMW R1200GS Deliveries Delayed to Fix Suspension Issue". Motorcycle.com, 04/03/2013, Dennis Chung. "BMW has reportedly delayed delivers of the revamped R1200GS in Italy to correct a problem with its Telelever front suspension. According to Motociclismo.it, BMW discovered a problem where the Telelever meets the steering plate. BMW reportedly has a fix, but it requires some special tooling."
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to: BMW R1200GS|